Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Is He Real?

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47 

Jesus is our Savior.  Do you believe that?

It's an easy thing to say, "Jesus is Lord".  Are you living that?  Is He really?  Let me give you an eample to show you what I mean.

What did you do today?  Since you woke up.  Did you eat breakfast?  Go to work?  Pray?  Now, here's what I'm getting at.  Did you ask Jesus what He wanted you to do?  If our lives are under Him, shouldn't we be asking?  Asking what He wants us to do.  Making ourselves available to be used by Him.  Submitting to Him.  Do you see what I mean?

In my life I often set my own course.  Drive my own ship.  Sometimes I ask for directions first.  More and more I am struggling to ask first.  It's hard!  Asking about how to use my time, my finances, my talents.  Here's the question I am trying to ask more and more: Am I proud to lay my life in front of Jesus and say "It's yours."  My life meaning all of it.  All my thoughts, my possessions, my choices.  All of it.  Now, what would Jesus' response be?  Would He want it?

These are questions only you and He can answer.  Ask Him!  He is faithful to show us what we need to change.  As I said, I'm fighting through this now.  I am glad to have a few close friends to go throught the battle with you.  I encourage you to not let this just pass by.  Stand!

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

No comments:

Post a Comment