Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Do We Listen?

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.    Psalms 32:8  

Do we listen to God's instruction?  This question is as much to myself as anyone else.  If I answer honestly, I think the answer is sometimes.  Sometimes.  That's not enough.

Too often my mind makes the plan and I ask God to bless it.  I don't go to Him first and ask what He wants.  I can tell you from experience that when God is driving, the journey may seem scarier, but its by far the safer path.  Seriously, why would I be scared?  If I know the truth, why not always go and ask Him?  The answer is I believe a lie.

The lie comes from a twisting of truth.  The truth is I am a follower of Christ.  The lie is because I am a follower of Christ I can tell what He wants me to do.  My flesh has found its way back in to try and protect itself.  If I am told to pick up my cross daily and die with Him, my flesh must die.  This is my sin.  The thing Paul railed against and said still comes up to haunt him.  That which must die.

So, where to go?  If I can fast from food to seek after God, why not intentionally pray for His leading?  A full day of nothing but a Holy Spirit leading.  Now, for courage....

No comments:

Post a Comment