Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Who's Doing The Talking?

For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts. Malachi 2:7

I hear a lot of people talking about God. What He is doing. What He is not doing. What He is saying. What He feels. My question is, do you believe them?

As followers of Jesus we are called priests. We are to seek the Lord so that when we speak, we are saying truth. I wish every time I hear a "person of God" speak, I could know it was true. Unfortunately, I hear people today speaking falsely of God. This wouldn't be such a problem if some of them were not getting the spotlight of the media and attracting such large followings.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not painting a blanket statement. Instead, I want to give a test. If as priest's we are to keep the knowledge of the Lord and His law at our lips, can you listen to someone that teaches contrary to God's law? Unfortunately it is sometimes easier to listen to this false teaching. Our flesh wants a Gospel that says we will have eternal life when we die, but until then we are free to live carnally because we've said our sinner's prayer. That's not how it works.

We are given a new heart when we place our lives under Christ. A new heart! One that begins to change us and mold us into a person of freedom. Yet, we are willing to trade it away for a snazzy produced show and a promise of pleasure right now.

Where is that Gospel? Is it in God's truth, His knowledge? Then who's Gospel is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment