Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

11/19 Heading Home

Sitting in airports, trying to understand ticketing and check in, wishing for a bathroom, dealing with language in security. These are some bits of travelling home. Right now I am writing while on the plane from Abu Dhabi to Chicago. Children are crying and getting sick, many people are wrapped up sleeping in their own world.

As for me, I haven't slept a whole lot yet today. We are flying west so the sun will appear to have been up for 15 hours by the time we land. The time awake makes me think about the whole adventure.

It is still amazing to me that I actually went to India and am now going home. The trip itself had been in planning for so long it was hard to keep our hands on. The conferences were amazing for the pastors. There were times where people would ask Jay and I to pray for illness, pain, studies and a myriad of needs. Why us? Why would God listen to us more than anyone else? And we prayed.

The children of the orphanage are incredible. They know Jesus and worship with more intensity than most of us. From their sorrows, there has been birthed a heart sealed with the spirit. My heart hurts when I think of leaving and saying goodbye.

Pastor Moses and his family are the biggest heartache. For the week we were side-by-side constantly serving in ministry. They have such servants hearts they immediately opened their home to me. I was instantly welcomed. And as our time went along, we grew close. I am amazed by this Man of God. His vision is powerful. The Spirit's work in him is mighty. He is my brother and I am his.

No comments:

Post a Comment