Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Crying over spilt tea

Tuesday morning started crazy here.  I had woken up well, chatted with my family on Skype, took a shower and gotten dressed.  I was sitting at the desk in the room enjoying reading the Bible and drinking a cup of tea.  Until I spilled the whole cup.  Spilled it on me, my Bible and the open laptop.

I quickly went into cleanup.  Turned the laptop off and laid it upside down to start draining tea.  I washed my clothes in the sink with hand soap to get the stains out.  I put towels on top of my Bible.  The clothes were a big deal because they were my new India clothes for preaching the second day of the conference.  I felt dumb.

I continued calling myself names as I stood in the bathroom trying to use a hair dryer to dry my clothes.  Kept calling myself names as I turned on my computer and it was making very strange noises (I immediately turned it back off).  Kept calling myself names as I was pushing tea out of the pages of my Bible.  Things were not going great.

I finally got clothes dry enough to put on.  Used the hair dryer to blow more tea out of the laptop and then had to leave.  I quickly called Melissa using my cellphone and Skype app.  She prayed immediately.  Went to war against the condemnation I was loading on myself.  Went to war for the laptop and conference.  She went to war for me.  What a wife!

Prayers worked.  I am posting from a slightly sticky laptop.....  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment